We hope that the following information will help you get the most out of your Duca del Cosma products.
Proper care is required to maintain and prolong the look, comfort, feel and performance of golf shoes. Both leather and synthetic golf shoes must be thoroughly cleaned and properly stored between rounds in order to prolong their look and lifespan.
Pre-Round Shoe Care
Use a shoe horn when putting on your golf shoes. This will protect the heel counter of the shoe. Damage to the heel counter can cause improper fit in the heel which can lead to blistering and overall discomfort.
Never wash in the washing machine. Immersion and exposure to detergents can attack the stitching and bonding agents within the products.
Post-Round Shoe Cleaning & Care
Clean leather golfing shoes after each round by removing dirt and residue using a shoe care kit.
Clean synthetic golfing shoes after each round. Use water and a clean cloth or sponge. Dry the surface with a soft lint-free cloth or towel.
If your shoes have become soaked during a round, allow to air dry at room temperature. Remove the footbed. Place crumpled newspaper inside for 8-10 hours to soak up all excess water. NEVER dry your shoes using a blow-dryer, or by putting them on any external heat source. Excessive heat can damage both the uppers and the outsoles. Likewise, do not place your shoes in direct sunlight to dry, but rather allow them to air-dry in a shaded area or indoors.
Once dried, remove newspaper, replace with a shoe tree and use shoe protector.
The linings used in Duca del Cosma products are made from breathable material that requires little or no maintenance. Foot moisture is absorbed and the drying process is quick due to the breathable nature of the linings.
- Remove the laces when cleaning.
- Remove the inner sole when cleaning your golf shoes.
- Rotate shoes between rounds - properly maintained, the rotation of two pairs of shoes will last much longer than twice the life of a single pair.
- Ensure the laces are undone before you remove the product from your feet. This will retain the shape and durability of the product.
- Do not store your golf shoes in your car trunk, where high or low temperatures can break down shoe materials resulting in decreased lifespan of your shoes.
- We recommend leaving shoe trees in your golfing shoes at all times when shoes are not in use.
For further questions please contact: email@example.com